As the media echo-chamber begins to sound the alarm on Trumps “Christian Policy Advisor” we are learning more and more about how crazy Pastor Frank Amedia is. He’s not just crazy, he’s fake. He’s as fake as every TV preacher you’ve ever seen, trying to take money from the poorest people in society. Frank Amedia may not be as popular as Joel Osteen or Benny Hynn but soon he will become a household name.
It should not be surprising that Trump’s Christian Policy Advisor is a kook, after all, Trump doesn’t know a thing about Christianity besides what he’s seen on TV. But TV preachers are even more fake than his “reality” TV show. But let’s also be clear about something else. Frank Amedia is not a kook just because he think’s he’s a faith healer. He’s a kook because he believes a LOT of weird things. Here is the dirty list.
Why Frank Amedia should never be advising ANYONE on Christian matters
- He actually believes that his prayer caused a hurricane to stop dead in it’s tracks.
- He claims that he has 1-to-1 conversations with God, who taught him the “truth” about Bible passage interpretations.
- He runs a missionary aid program that only aids needy people that convert religions. In a recent interview about his mission work in Haiti he said,
“We would give food to the needy in the short term but if they refused to give up Voodoo, I’m not sure we would continue to support them in the long term because we wouldn’t want to perpetuate that practice. We equate it with witchcraft, which is contrary to the Gospel.”
- He claims that AIDS is only caused by gay sex
“We know that many of the diseases today are avoidable if only we practiced a wholesome life. AIDS is a disease that comes because of unnatural sex. We understand that many of the diseases that we receive is because of exposure that we have to things that we should not be exposed to, lifestyles that are unhealthy or things in our spirit that cause us to become bitter.”
- He was implicated on a bribery scandal.
- He claims to be an “apostle”.
- His ministry claims that he’s also a “prophet”.
- Before he converted to Christianity from Judaism he bought land in Hubbard Ohio and started sacrificing animals to God like in the book of Leviticus.
- This guy actually believed that if he sacrificed enough animals, to repent of his sins, that God would come live on his farm with him.
- He also claims to heal people he’s never met, through the TV (video below)
I scoured the web for some Frank Amedia videos and they were not hard to come up with. Here are some of my favorites.
Frank supposedly “healing” people with mouth and face problems.
Here is Frank telling his amazing story about how God talked to him.
These are people from Frank’s ministry trying to “baptize” children in the Holy Spirit which for some reason requires speaking in tongues.
This last video is an interview done with another TV preacher and Frank tells about his conversion and tries to sell his books to people.
God job America, now we’re going to have a failed and bailed-out business man in the whitehouse, taking advice from televanglistst and faith healers.