Trump’s remarks on making it into Heaven
Reported in the Christian Post, Donald Trump has recently declared that the only way he’s getting to heaven is by being a good president, which is really just setting himself up for failure since he might not even get to oval office.
So go out and spread the word and once I get in, I will do my thing that I do very well. And I figure it’s probably maybe the only way I’m going to get to heaven. So I better do a good job. Okay? Thank you. (Trump, speaking at the American Renewal Project)
At every turn trump has demonstrated that he has no idea what’s in the Bible or how Christianity even works. It’s clear that Trump does not attend church and he relies on TV evangelists to inform his Christian opinions. He has no idea of what’s in the Bible and cannot even read off the names of the books correctly as he failed to do in front of the Liberty University convocation, citing a passage from “2 Corinthians”.
Now we see Donald Trump believes that somehow he is going to earn his ticket to heaven by being a good president. There are two real issues with that sentiment though. First, no one can earn their way into heaven, it’s only by faith in the Lord. Secondly, Trump is basically admitting that until now he has not lead a life that is worthy of going to heaven, a sentiment that I would probably agree with if going to heaven were based solely on behavior.
I have no idea if I will ever meet Mr. Trump in heaven one day. However, I do know that Trump has no idea how Christianity works and I highly doubt he’s ever had a sincere devotion to the faith.
Should evangelicals believe Trump is a Christian?
So far in the presidential race we have gone from Evangelicals believing Trump is a Christian, to evangelicals believing he’s not a Christian but will fight to protect it, to now believing that he’s like Cyrus King of Persia (I.E. he’s not following God but God will use him anyways). For those not up to snuff on King Cyrus, he was the Persian king who freed the Israelites from the captivity of the Babylonians and allowed Nehemiah to go back and rebuild his city. But Trump is no King Cyrus. King Cyrus was an outsider to God’s kingdom and never claimed to be Jewish. Trump masquerades as an insider of the Christian faith but continually demonstrates that he has no regard for it.
And Trump obviously believes himself that he hasn’t really been much of a Christian if he thinks the only way into the pearly gates is through his being a good president. I would suggest that possibly his believe in that he’s not worthy of might be founded in some hard truth. Let’s examine Trumps behavior over the years.
What kind of fruit has Trump produced?
“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. (Matthew 7:15-20)
While we do not earn our way into Heaven, scripture is clear that those who are doing the work of the Lord will produce fruit representative of that work. Let’s examine a few pieces of Trump’s fruit.
Trump’s Family Life
- Married 3 times
- His first wife (Ivana Trump) testified in court that he raped and physically abused her
- He also cheated on his first wife with his second wife Marla Maples.
- He married his last wife as she was illegally working in the USA (irony noted)
Trump’s Business Practices
- Trump businesses have been sued over 3,500 times which makes them some of the most sued industries in the world.
- He has personally been sued over 1,300 times .
- Many lawsuits were over contractors not being paid. Trump has been sued over 130 times by employees and contractors for everything from not getting paid over time to getting paid less than the minimum wage. Trump has even hired illegal Polish workers and refused to pay them knowing they could not take him to court.
- He’s been criticized over time for his practice of buying land with residential housing and forcing people out of their homes so he can develop the land. He is particularly hated for this practice in Ireland.
- Trump businesses have been sued over 100 times for not paying taxes. He’s been in tax disputes with states, cities, and federal governments.
- He’s been sued hundreds of times by investors who were promised returns and then never got paid.
- Trump created a fake university and falsely advertised that he would be teaching people how to get rich like him. Instead he charged huge sums of money to gullible “students” for seminars that were completely unaccredited and worthless.
- One worker at Trump University said this after working there “Based upon my personal experience and employment, I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme, and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.“
- He has been sued and accused many times of sexual harassment and assault. When attempting to negotiate the purchase of the American Dream pageant in 1992 it was reported that he had groped multiple women and requested barely dressed models to come to party.
- He brags about opening his gambling joints but he was sued repeatedly for breaking laws regarding gambling regulations. In one case, he had a casino so badly in debt that his father attempted to make an illegal loan by buying 3.5 million chips without paying.
- He’s also been sued for anti-trust violations. On one occasion he bought millions of dollars of shares in casinos so he could get controlling interest and shut them down. He was not successful.
Trump’s Own Words
You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.
If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired’.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.
The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.
My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.
I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.
The point is, you can never be too greedy.
My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.
In an interview with PlayBoy magazine (which he was on the cover of) he was questioned about his ego and this is how he framed it…
PB: How large a role does pure ego play in your deal making and enjoyment of publicity?
DT: Every successful person has a very large ego.
PB: Every successful person? Mother Teresa? Jesus Christ?
DT: Far greater egos than you will ever understand.
Clearly Trump is reading another gospel. When was asked in an interview about whether or not he seeks forgiveness when he does wrong he responded with this:
I am not sure I have, I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don’t think so, I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don’t bring God into that picture. I don’t.
Other horrible sayings of Trump…
Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.
If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, okay?
(John McCain is) not a war hero…. He’s a war hero because he was captured
Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?! I mean, (Carly Fiorina’s) a woman, and I’m not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?
Beautiful, famous, successful, married – I’ve had them all, secretly, the world’s biggest names, but unlike Geraldo I don’t talk about it.
Listen, you motherfuckers, we’re going to tax you 25 percent!
Nobody cares about the talent [in beauty pageants]. There’s only one talent you care about, and that’s the look talent. You don’t give a shit if a girl can play a violin like the greatest violinist in the world. You want to know what does she look like.
A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10
Oftentimes when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, ‘Can you believe what I am getting?
There’s nothing I love more than women, but they’re really a lot different than portrayed. They are far worse than men, far more aggressive, and boy, can they be smart. Let’s give credit where credit is due, and let’s salute women for their tremendous power, which most men are afraid to admit they have.
I don’t [change diapers]. It’s not my thing. You know what, I’m a good father but that’s not my thing and Melania’s going to be a great mother. To a large extent it’s up to the women. There are a lot of women out there who, you know, demand the husband act like the wife and there are a lot of husbands who listen to that.
I think Eminem is fantastic, and most people think I wouldn’t like Eminem. And did you know my name is in more black songs than any other name in hip-hop? Black entertainers love Donald Trump. Russell Simmons told me that.
In the second grade I actually gave a teacher a black eye — I punched my music teacher because I didn’t think he knew anything about music and I almost got expelled.
You may get AIDS by kissing.
There are many more Trump quotes out there but I think the point is proven. Trump just simply is not a Christian.
[Featured image from soshable.com]