36:5 Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.
36:6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments are like the great deep; you save humans and animals alike, O LORD.
36:7 How precious is your steadfast love, O God! All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
36:8 They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
36:9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
36:10 O continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your salvation to the upright of heart!
36:11 Do not let the foot of the arrogant tread on me, or the hand of the wicked drive me away.
This Psalm perfectly describes God’s character and who He is as not only God but a loving Father. It encompasses how steadfast His love is for us and how He alone is the one that can give true life to the hopeless, light in the darkest of times and a saving Grace to those who are lost in sin. This Psalm is a recognition of how faithful and loving God is. The Psalmist here is expressing the goodness of God in his life and its describing to us several key characteristics of God that can offer us encouragement.
- God’s love is steadfast-His love for us is not moved or changed. His love is also unconditional, it is not based on our actions but on the fact that God is the true definition of love and He loves us despite anything that we do and is always seeking to lovingly bring about the best for us.
- God’s faithfulness has no limit-no matter what kind of circumstances that we face, He is always faithful to give us strength to make it through anything.
- God is the true righteous judge-all of God’s acts of judgement is rightly done so because He is a just and holy God. His righteousness was proven when He died on the cross and took the place of our sin. He forgives those who are repentant and judges the acts of those who are rejecting Hi,
- God is our only refuge-during hard times we can turn to Him for protection, safety, peace and comfort.
- God offers true light in the darkness-Even in our darkest moments, God’s light is able to shine through and give us the clarity we need to let go of our hard times and trust in Him.
[Featured image from seconteen13.deviantart.com]